October 2, 2012

A Sweater and A Half

My godsister has requested some handknits for her kids which I am always willing to do as she pays for the yarn and I get to knit.  We chose the Libby sweater for her daughter.  She ordered Knit Picks Wool of the Andes as they have the best heathered colorways and she doesn't mind handwashing.  We chose Haze Heather as the main color and Icicle and Amethyst Heathers for the contrast color.

The pattern is written in a size 10 and her daughter is not a size 10.  She gave me measurements from one of her favorite sweaters and I got halfway up the front and realized it was too big. So, I ripped it out, adjusted my numbers and started again.  So for one sweater I've knit a sweater and a half.

Hopefully the next photo of this will be with her daughter's smiling face.



No comments: