December 16, 2010

My VERY Clever Friend, Kimberly

This summer I was a witness to a work of art in creation - my clever crocheting friend, Kimberly, was creating a pullover for Interweave Crochet. As we sat on the beach she worked on this sweater now called Frosted Windowpane Pullover. What I love about it is that it almost looks like it is knit!

The thing is when you are as good as Kimberly is they send you yarn to work with...when Kimberly got this divinely soft Manos Silk Blend we both loved the yarn but not the colorway. It had a lovely sheen to it which to me made it look like the belly of a pidgeon. Kimberly kept saying they must have something in mind when they photograph it...and they did as it really looks a million times better here! They chose a dark haired model - the reason Kimberly and I weren't crazy about the color was probably because we are blondes and would look awful in it!

Anyway, it is STUNNING and I feel so lucky to have seen this being created from beginning to end. Congratulations, Kimberly! Now I MUST learn how to crochet! :)




3 comments:

Beth said...

That really is very beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Wow! What a way to make me tear up over my lunch break! Thank you, thank you Estella for your friendship, your kind words and for holding a crochet hook in your hand that day 3 summers ago (now let's get you using it!)

Macabre Kitty (Sara) said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!