August 28, 2012
When in Doubt - Post a 10 on Tuesday
This post is an easy one for me - maybe harder that I didn't get enough beach time this summer but I think it will write itself anyway. Ten Things to Do At The Beach!
1. Read - I read at the beach a lot...summer reading is my favorite. I now have to wear granny glasses over my sunglasses but that doesn't stop me (yes I know you can buy bifocal sunglasses but it isn't in the budget).
2. Look for seaglass - after a nor'easter I can spend hours doing this.
3. Swim! Diving through waves and riding them is a family favorite.
4. Nap - nothing beats a nap on the beach - you get lulled by the sound of the waves and the warm sun and before you know it you're drooling all over your beach towel.
5. Talk - best conversations are had on the beach. Hearts are poured out, tasty tidbits are exchanged (read gossip), tales are told...all perfect.
6. Build sandcastles - always a favorite and you need to decorate them with shells, feathers, and driftwood.
7. This is for kids - get army men and set up a battle. Hours of this game have been played by our kids.
8. People watching - it is de rigeur on the Jersey Shore - the tattoo factor and the bathing suit choices are amazing.
9. Walking - not to be confused with looking for sea glass which is a MUCH slower pace.
10. Knit! Yes, I finally knit on the beach now...I didn't for years and now do.
LOVE this theme and can't wait til I'm next at the beach!