February 25, 2013

Snowstorm Sweater

Just before the blizzard of 2013 hit, Webs had a sale on discontinued colors of Cascade 220.  So, my daughter picked out a color and a pattern - Bedford by Michele Wang.  The mailman made it in on a snowy Friday and I set to work.  I knit this in a day over 2 weeks - 2 snowstorms and a mini snow event for the finishing work...hence, Snowstorm Sweater.

As you can see, she loves it and is wearing it to school today!



While I was finishing this, she asked if she could start knitting.  Of course!  More on that in my next post.

3 comments:

bmom said...

Very nice and she looks great wearing it. That's quite a compliment she gave you!

Kristen Rettig said...

What a pretty sweater, pretty color and pretty girl! You will always remember that as the snowstorm sweater!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic combination! I love that it was a joint venture and she's pleased with the results. Can't wait to hear how the budding knitter does.