October 19, 2013

Another Title

The other title I talked about in my post a few days ago was one I couldn't talk about until announcements had been made.

You've heard me talk about my talented friend, Kimberly.  Well, she got a new job!



Kimberly had been writing and designing for these publications for a while and she had a regular technique article in Knit 123.  When she was promoted she came to me and asked me if I'd be interested in taking this position - not a difficult decision by any means!

What it entails is writing about a technique for three different skill levels (Beginner, Novice and Intermediate) and incorporating that technique into three patterns (one for each level).  I am responsible for the article, the photos, videos for the website, and of course the patterns.

I've already submitted my first article which will come out in the March/April timeframe with issue 10.   When it hits newstands, I'll fill you in on what I did.  I just got my marching orders for Issue 11.  It is a wonderful challenge to scale my knitting ability for three levels of experience and to come up with new designs.  I'm knitting things I've never thought of knitting before.

Thank you, Kimberly!  I love my new title!

2 comments:

Fairy Godmother said...

I'm so happy to feel how happy YOU are.

Stacey said...

Congratulations!