November 9, 2013

Stitches East - Part 1

I just got back from Stitches East - I took a day trip to Hartford which is only about 1 1/2 hours away.  I was there by 9:30, bought my ticket and waited in line to get in.

I immediately went to the aisle where I knew Kate and A Hundred Ravens would be…she saw me before I saw her and called out my name - not many Estella's out there.  Her booth was fantastic!

That's Kate on the left in the long black skirt.  The display in the center has our Mitt Kits.


Check out the gorgeous fall color ways!  In the background in an apron is Rachel who was a contestant on Fiber Factor.  Sadly, she is no longer in the running but it was so fun to finally meet her.



Okay, a few pics of the Mitt Kits.  She was almost out of them!

I had to take this as I used to live in Charlottesville and have purchased yarn from here.  Had a fun conversation with one of the owners who lives near where I grew up.

I spent about 2 hours walking around.  I must admit I didn't buy a lot - only 2 skeins of yarn which I'll talk about in the next post.  I also told Kate in my biased but honest opinion that her yarn has some of the best colors at Stitches.


No comments: