December 26, 2014

I'm In Trouble Now

I've fallen down a new rabbit hole - weaving!

My sweet parents gave me some Christmas money and I decided rather than use it for bills which I am known to do, I was going to get something I've always wanted to try - a loom.

Fortunately, my LYS had an Ashford 20" table loom in the back room and on Christmas Eve I was working in the store and purchased it.  Debbie, the LYS owner and my friend, showed me how to set it up.  Then I went on Craftsy and got a sale class.  After a quick view I had my loom warped by dinner time!

Christmas morning I watched more of the class and started weaving.  Oh my, I can't wait to really get going on this - it is fast, interesting and so full of possibilities.  I love that Ravelry even has a way to include weaving in your project pages now.



Oh, I have a new mitten pattern too - just have to get the model and put her to work!

2 comments:

Claybrook Farm Quilts said...

Did you see the sign on loom that says - "weaving can be addicting". Enjoy! Bought the same loom last year and it is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see all your creations!

Tall Cottage Thoughts said...

Congratulations on acquiring a loom. Have fun.