November 23, 2008

I Met Major Knitter!

Yesterday was a first in my blog life - I finally met someone who I've gotten to know through our blogs. I've been visiting Jennifer's blog for a few years and we've emailed a bit over the past year. We live about 20 minutes apart but have never met (in spite of shopping at the same knitting store).

She posted on her blog that there was a craft festival and I received 2 tickets through my husband's work. So, I emailed her and said I'd be there and we connected.

Jennifer was clever enough to have a camera and asked one of the artisans to snap this photo...he turned out to be a professional photographer and was very particular about background, smiles, etc. Do note we both were wearing some handknit items.

Now, while this might be an understandable event to you and me, I had to explain to my mother in law who was with me who I was meeting and how we met. This was beyond her realm of understanding as she doesn't have a computer and has no idea what a blog really is...let alone a knitting blog!

Anyway, it was great to meet you Jennifer and hopefully we can sit and knit sometime soon.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Estella - I'm so glad we got to meet. That photographer was funny. My smile is so quirky. He was trying so hard that I think we ended up having some funny photos. hehehe. Want to come sit and knit sometime next week?

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful thing when you finally are able to meet a blog friend in real life! I've made so many wonderful friends online(some I've met in person and some not). It is hard for those who don't have blogs to understand the relationships, though, isn't it?