September 18, 2010

Busy Me = Quiet Blog Me

I've been working all this past week teaching in 6th grade science - next week too. The teacher had to have her rotator cuff repaired and instead of a one day simple sub job this is real work with me teaching all about the earth's layers and tectonic plates. Blogging has been far from my mind. Anyway, I do have some FOs and some WIPs.

First, is my Christina Sweater (rav link) which used up every bit of yarn I had purchased (Cascade 220 in colorway Pacific). I didn't have enough to do the i-cord edging so my wonderful, talented friend Kimberly put on a crochet edging using the "crab" stitch. It worked perfectly and I was left with 2 little one inch balls of yarn!




I had some yarn I purchased a while back - Artful Yarns Fragrance in the Joy colorway - the color has more purple than it looks like here. I'm knitting up the Basic Chic V Neck Cardi by Bonne Marie Burns - this yarn has alpaca in the blend and should be delightfully warm.

I cast on a shrug for Miss America using Knit Picks Swish Bulky...





And a scarf for my mom using some leftover Debbie Bliss Cathay.


So, that's what I've been up to. One more full week of subbing and then I hope to have a day or two to myself!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That color of blue is just beautiful!

Beth said...

I just LOVE that photo of you! It looks like a modeling shot for the sweater. Oh yes, the sweater looks great, too. :) Great job!