January 16, 2013

Can You Feel The Love?

Sometimes when I'm knitting something, I just can't feel the love.  Sometimes I realize it quickly and sometimes I realize it too slowly.  Best thing though is to realize it before you finish knitting the entire item.

Case and point - I was knitting Tinder by Jared Flood out of some Cascade 220.  I really dislike seaming (even though I think I'm good at it because I sewed before I learned to knit)...so I converted the pattern to knit in one piece.  I got as far as the underarms and put it down for weeks.  Part of the reason was that I needed to have quiet time (not during the holidays) to do the math to convert the sleeves to seamless.  When I picked it up, I realized part of the reason was I wasn't in love with it at all. The pattern is interesting but it wasn't something I loved.

So I frogged 17 1/2 inches of an entire sweater body - 3 skeins of Cascade 220.  That's a lot of knitting but better to love what you knit than just live with it.  So, for now the yarn is in a time out while I do some stalking of patterns.  I think I'll find something else in my stash to work on for a while.


No comments: