March 3, 2014

Railroad Track Mitts

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been busy!  I released two patterns this past week and wanted to share the latest one.

Railroad Track Mitts uses two colors of Iron Horse Farm's worsted BLF/Shetland.  I knit up one mitt with Gold Ochre as the MC then another mitt in a smaller size with Purple as the MC.  I love how the look of the mitt changed entirely based on which MC I chose.  I also thought they'd make a cute pair of mis-matched mitts.

The pattern includes a tutorial for the 2 color cable cast on.  It makes the mitts so interesting I just had to include it.




You should have seen me trying to photograph my own hand - ridiculous.  So, I waited for my "in house model" to get home from school and I had the idea for the top photo to show both mitts.  I love how it turned out.

1 comment:

Saku said...

Those are adorable! I love the idea of mismatched mitts. I'm just wondering if they are easy enough for me to try. Must think about it. :)