May 12, 2014

A Bit of Advice

Sometime this blog is my place to say what is on my mind - sometimes it isn't knitting related.  Here's my advice:

If you know someone who is going through a rough time, don't EVER say to them "God only gives you what you can handle".  You don't know what they are going through, what they have been through already and what is yet to come...sometimes God gives a person more than they can handle.

What should you say?  "I'm sorry you are having a hard time" or "I am here for you if you need anything".  If you know them well, a hug will do.

Also, don't be tempted to say "when God closes a door, he opens a window somewhere".

Enough said - just keep this in mind when a friend has a shitstorm in her/his life and needs your support not canned phrases.

I promise knitting content next time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think you should check out these silly eecards for responses to those trite comments (that believe it or not... started out as sayings that were supposed to help?!?)

http://www.someecards.com/search?q=makes%20you%20stronger

I couldn't pick just one that was my favorite.

**hugs**