March 16, 2009

I didn't fall off the face of the earth!

As you might know, I'm a substitute teacher and I got a 3 week job subbing for an elementary school librarian. While it is a great gig, I'm out of the house 3-4 days for 3 weeks. So blogging falls by the wayside.

One day last week my prize book arrived. It uses yarns from Cherry Tree Hill and consists mostly of scarves, shawls and socks to achieve the Just One Skein title. A few items caught my eye....


I know I could resize this cover top for Miss America. I think she'd like it. I certainly can't wear a halter top but she can if I make it appropriate.
This cute sock and hat set would be cute for the next baby I need to knit for.



I really liked this scarf...hard to see the patterning here but it is lovely.
I have been knitting - I get an hour break each day and I bring my knitting with me. I didn't photograph anything as it is boring knitting - I'm working on the sleeves of both Ingenue and Slinky Ribs. They both are grey which is beginning to get to me...too much grey. I think I'll cast on something pink this weekend!


1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad to know you're doing okay. Having the long sub job will be great for buying more yarn! ;)