February 7, 2011

Not a Pretty Scene

It's 4:45 pm, just about 2 hours before the Super Bowl kickoff and I realize I have NOTHING to knit...NOTHING on my needles (I just cast of Soroyan which I'll show you later). I go to my stash, I go to Ravelry and I start a search which feels futile. I remember I have a project in my queue to start and I go to purchase it but realize when I hit Paypal that my credit card had been hacked and I don't have one until the new card arrives.

It's at that moment, my DH chooses to call upstairs to me and I answer "WHAT!?!"...he than asks what is wrong and my answer is "I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO KNIT!!!!"...silence then he says "okay, it can wait". Smart man.

I looked at my stash again and found all this yarn my godmother gave me - DK weight mostly and then found a free (remember no credit card) pattern to sooth my itchy fingers so they could do something while I watched good football and fun commercials. All was right with the world again.

Last time this happened it was an easy solution - I cast on mittens for my nephew. However, I think I'll spend today re-assessing my stash and my queue and make sure this ugly scene never happens again. There is something to be said for having lots of WIPs.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh - he is a very good man. I hate it when you want to cast on something new and you have nothing to knit. BTW - Christine's Stay On Baby Booties are always a good fill with leftover fingering weight yarn. They're small, quick, and always good to have on hand when you need a baby gift. Since they're so quick - they don't require a big time commitment - just enough to get you through the Super Bowl.

Beth said...

Cute mittens! I hate that feeling of nothing to knit although I don't experience it often. Too many WIPs around here...

Anonymous said...

Love this story!Itchy fingers are so familiar to me!Sorry to hear about your credit card though :(