September 20, 2011

Plugging Along

In spite of my injured finger, I've been able to knit and I've been plugging along at several projects.

First is my Harvest Moon which I started earlier this summer - it went on stall for a few weeks as I needed automatic pilot knitting and I was at the part where I had to do the pockets. I found a few hours and cranked out the pockets and am now back on the autopilot knitting for the sleeves. I really love how this pattern is written.















Next is Isabella...it too is in holding pattern until I free up some long circulars to make the sleeves.















Here is the Elizabeth I'm making for my mom...she keeps asking about its status. This is more boring stockinette with a slipped rib stitch panel. I've actually gotten much further on it. It is knit from sleeve to sleeve and then you knit a collar and attach it. I'm considering changing that to attach the collar while knitting it like you do for the Mondo Cable Cardi. I just hate doing mattress stitch and I think the process of attaching as you go might work.
















Lastly, I have to share this yummy yarn I got from Kimberly when she was destashing - Ella Rae Lace Merino - 3 gorgeous skeins waiting to be made into something.









3 comments:

Kristen Rettig said...

I love Harvest Moon and think I have the perfect yarn in my stash. Thanks for reminding me. Happy knitting!

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

You will love that Ella Rae Lace merino. And that color is gorgeous!
kim

kathy b said...

I can vouch for that Ella Rae...it is heavenly to knit with....