August 9, 2014

Bummed beyond words...

So I took a week off and went to the beach (the LYS was closed for a week so this made it very easy to do).  I brought lots of knitting including my deadline knitting for Knit 123.  When I cranked through and finished the last project (table runners - what was I thinking?) and had written a kick ass article opening, I contacted my friend who is the editor and asked if she wanted me to mail them to her or give them to her when she too was at the beach.  A cryptic message from her said don't mail them and that she would call me.

She called the next day to inform me she had resigned and the owner of the magazine had decided to fold the publication.  So that means, not one but two issues worth of work will never be published and I doubt seriously I will ever get reimbursed for my labors.

Bummed?  Absolutely yes, as I enjoyed this venture.  I learned a lot about myself, how to write three levels of projects, how to convey techniques, etc.  Even more bummed as I had a beyond adorable Christmas decoration for the holiday issue.

So, what will I do?  I considered publishing the technique article and patterns as a mini e-book.  I just don't know if there is a market for that.  The decoration will definitely be self published.   The pattern is written...I just have to photograph and publish it.

So watch this space.

NOTE: For the person who asked me where to get their copy of issue 12 as it had not arrived in the mail, I don't know the answer to this.  I'd go to the Knit 123 website and if you need to order a back copy.  I just got my copy of the magazine - rather late at that.

No comments: