August 19, 2014

Greater Boston Yarn Crawl

Today at my LYS, we started selling passports to the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl...it is a short month away and it's time to put it on my calendar and plan what stores to visit.  Each LYS will have a grand door prize drawing, events around the crawl and free patterns for all passport holders.

A while back I offered to design a new hat pattern for Iron Horse for the yarn crawl.  We chose Cascade 220 Superwash as it comes in a bunch of colors and is washable.  I knit the hat while at the beach for a week and my friend, Peggy, came up with a great addition of a tassel on the top. So, I named it Bay Head Hat as that is where I knit it.

So, just to give you a small taste of what it looks like, here's a snippet of the textured stitches.  I will share more as the yarn crawl gets closer.



Be sure to buy a passport so you can get your free pattern at Iron Horse.  Not a local to the area?  No worries as after the yarn crawl you will be able to buy it on Ravelry...I'll keep you posted.



No comments: