July 30, 2009

No, I didn't Fall Off The Face of the Earth

I know you are wondering what happened...it has been 10 days since I've even posted. Well, I have been knitting. I finished my Tilted Duster and am seaming it right now. I decided the pattern wasn't right for my seaming techniques - the pattern has you sew the sleeve in the armhole and then seam the sleeve. I've decided to do the seam first then sew it in the armhole. The other way seems to be a recipe for disaster.

As for my Annikki, I'm done with the knitting, now blocking, seaming and then the collar. A huge undertaking - almost daunting. Fortunately, I don't need it until September and I'm in my Scarlett O'Hara mode of tomorrow is another day.

My Wisp is trucking along - it comes to the beach with me and is nearing the end. It really is lovely.

What's next? I'm swatching for Twisted V Pullover from Simple Style. My friend Kimberly is off the the Crochet Guild Association show in Buffalo - I'm envious she gets to immerse herself in nothing but crochet and knitting for a few days. I'm also going to miss her at Stitch & Bitch and on the beach. She's been creating projects fast and furiously for the show - she is a talented designer and I wish her the best for next week.

Okay, enough prattle. I promise pictures soon...Tilted Duster will be modeled in the heat of summer without buttons as I will wait to hit my button store at home.

No comments: