August 28, 2009

Lots of good things

So many good little things to share with you. I was knitting up my Twisted V Pullover and realized I had not ordered enough of the Knit Picks Merino Style. I ordered this yarn ages ago in April or May but I took a chance and called them. I told them the dyelot and asked if they were still pulling from that one...miracle of miracles they were so I quickly ordered 3 more skeins.

Then, with this yucky Hurricane Danny weather system, I decided to finish my Annikki. The button bands were a quandry and I didn't know how to attach them as the directions were vague. So, I went onto the Norah Gaughan Fans group on Ravelry and Norah herself answered my question with this: "I would seam the outside edge of the button band to the front first, using mattress stitch then fold and sew the inside edge down to the seam with an easy and quick whip stitch." To think the master herself responded to my question and to think that it was the perfect solution!

I finished seaming Annikki and now it is resting after a bath...I hope to model it soon after I hit the button store next week.















Lastly, I blocked my Wisp and it is even more beautiful...photographs don't do it justice. I decided against the buttons it calls for...it is simply perfect the way it is. I'll take better pictures when I wear it for real...this was a mirror self portrait.

No comments: