September 1, 2009

All Buttoned Up

I'm all buttoned up after hitting the local sewing store. I got my Annikki finished last Friday during a rainstorm. It took hours to sew on the button bands but it really turned out well. I see this as being a definite staple in my wardrobe.



A close-up of the buttons I chose. It really is hard finding the right buttons.


This is my Tilted Duster. It still needs to be blocked so the hem doesn't curl. I love how it looks and you can get an idea of what a wardrobe staple it will be with jeans. It is VERY warm.


The buttons have a bit of color variation on them which makes them interesting but not fighting with the sweater. The color isn't very true in this shot...the one above is better.




2 comments:

Joyce said...

Like you in the reddish-purple one. I admire your patience with those stocking stitches ;)

Patt said...

You always do such really pretty things. I haven't made myself any sweaters, but you inspire. I have made plenty for others, though. Don't know why I don't knit for myself.