October 9, 2009

Sweater Chop Shop






















My friend Melissa went to a book sellers conference and returned with a ton of books including a copy of this book for me - in fact, she even waited in line and got it autographed by the author Crispina Ffrench. She has a cool Etsy store too.

It is full of wonderful ideas for felted sweaters - I think the pillow I made could be in it! In fact, my mom was visiting and she told me I should start selling them.

Check out the tunic top on the cover - Miss America is in love with it and I would love to make it for her. Now the mission is to find old sweaters to felt and not at a great expense.

I went to the thrift shop in our town and $8 for a wool sweater is NOT what I had in mind. I might have to email my friends and see if they have any old wool sweaters they no longer want.

Anyway, check out this book...it has some wonderful items in it.

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I find more than I can ever use at yard sales and the price is right--I never spend more than a dollar for a sweater to felt. Lambswool usually felts beautifully, very thick, and cashmere (yup, I find cheap cashmere!) works well too.

Lucy said...

This book looks awesome. I love the ornaments and the blanket. Also, what pillow did you make? I better keep looking through your site and ravelry.