April 4, 2014

Fit To Flatter with Amy

When I first started working on a regular basis at my LYS, I noticed that Amy Herzog was going to be doing a Fit To Flatter workshop.  While the class was already full, I put my name to work that evening.  I am so glad I did!

Amy arrived with a suitcase full of sweaters and she spoke about fit, measurements, body types and how to flatter them.  While busily taking notes as Iron Horse will be one of the yarn stores carrying the Custom Fit program and I need to know this stuff, I had a few lightbulb revelations.

I own Amy's Fit To Flatter book which I read but didn't do what she said.  I assumed that my body is proportional - my bust/waist/hips measurements are hourglass numbers.  Hence, I thought I was proportional.  Amy took one look at me and told me I have broad shoulders and would be considered "top heavy" body type.  WHAT!?!  I've been thinking wrong all along.  Now I admit I don't like the moniker "top heavy" especially since I've been over-endowed with the girls.  But once she explained the style sweaters that look best on "top heavy" bodies I totally got it.  Those type sweaters are my favorites.

Lightbulb moment here!  It was a wonderful workshop and I hope those who attended got as much out of it as I did.



1 comment:

LisaK said...

Lucky you to see the class and sweaters in person!