October 14, 2008

Another Daughter Directed Design
















I was checking out Leslie's blog and saw this wonderful sweater she made for her daughter. I showed it to Miss America and she fell in love with it. So we hit my stash of Cascade 220 and I had these oatmeals and browns and she agreed to them (originally they were intended for a felted bag). She then sketched up exactly what she wanted and I started to figure out how I could knit it without a pattern.

Here's how far I got in one weekend. I'm almost to the point where she wants the garter stitch across the chest before switching to another color and binding off for the armholes.

I started Blush as a mindless knitting pattern using my single skein of Blue Sky Alpaca and Silk. I love this neckwarmer/cowl! It is perfect for wearing on a chilly day and I have a feeling that I might be sporting it at Rhinebeck this coming weekend.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooh - that looks perfect for these chilly fall temperatures. Nice color, too.

Krista said...

I agree...colors are wonderful! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

The sweater colors are so pretty, I can't wait to see it on Miss America.

Love the Cowl.

Have fun at Rhinebeck!