October 19, 2008

Rhinebeck 2008 - Lots of pictures

Yesterday morning at 7:30am, Miss America and I got in the car, cranked the soundtrack to Hairspray and drove to Rhinebeck. We were both itching with excitement! My daughter usually sleeps until 8am on the weekends - she was up and ready to rip at 6:30!

My daughter was in charge of photo...I've picked a few. This guy reminds me of the sheepdog in the Loony Toons cartoon.
Lots of amazing fiber - almost overwhelming at times.

These baby alpacas were only 18 months old. Miss America couldn't stop petting them. In fact my little fiber lover fell in love with roving. She found a HUGE pink ball of roving and wanted to buy it just to stroke and cuddle. Got to love that!

We watched the frisbee demonstration by "Pawstars" - it was so much fun. All these rescued dogs are amazing and so focused on the frisbee. This one had just leapt off his trainers back to catch the frisbee.


A sampling of what we brought home - I love that this one was on sale - okay only $4 off but on sale! This skein is from Brooks Farm Yarn and I think I'll make some lacy cowl like Wisp. I remembered this vendor from last year and regretted not buying some of their amazing fiber.

These two skeins are from The Good Shepherd and I think I'll make a clever scarf with them.

I don't know why I bought this one - weak moment when asked by Miss America. Perhaps she can make something with it. It too is Good Shepard yarn.

This lovely pile is from Shelbridge Farm and is destined for a sweater designed by and for Miss America to go with the butterfly buttons.

Speaking of buttons, we got these two by Melissa Jean.

Here's a Melissa Jean pattern I picked up to make a baby cardigan.

I also got this issue of Knitscene for only $3. I really wanted it for the Wendy Bernard pattern.

We're ready for next year! Hopefully, we'll get my knitting sister to come along. My daughter and I are already thinking in a few years we can go up for the whole weekend and spend the night and explore Rhinebeck and go back on a Sunday to get all the yarn that we had second thoughts on purchasing.

2 comments:

Krista said...

It's been a while since I've been to a fiber festival! Looks like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is quite the photographer; great shots. Looks like you two had a lot of fun - good for you!