October 27, 2008

One Word - Perfect




















You know when you're knitting up something and you spend a lot of time worrying if it will look right or fit or just work??? Well, some worry was spent on this and all for naught - this is simply "perfect".

My daughter sketched up this pattern and I took out "The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns" and started creating. I learned a lot as it went along and am so glad I could experiment.

Yesterday we got these cool coconut wood buttons which have a slight leaf pattern scratched on the surface.

Today she proudly wore it to school. It fits her perfectly and while we may only get one season out of it, it doesn't matter. Right now it is Perfect.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow Estella, what a beautiful sweater! Start writing up those patterns!

Krista said...

Excellent! I love how it turned out.

Anonymous said...

Perfect is right!

a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh! it is adorable!
and libby just looked at the computer and said......that's a cute sweater!
WE love it!

Beth said...

It's beautiful! Great job!