October 6, 2008

Buttons are Inspiring!

Thanks to the DVD set of John Adams from the local library and a few quiet days recuperating from a cold I finished my daughter's Starsky Junior. We zipped to Banksville Fabrics and she selected some buttons to finish the sweater. It was finished just in time to go to church with the dog for a special Blessing of the Beasts service.

As you can see she loves it and will be wearing it to school today.

While shopping she fell in love with these butterfly buttons. So I bought her 3 sets and told her we could design a sweater around them. Well, she was inspired to design.


As we drove home she sketched these designs. We agreed the cable sweater on the bottom right would be too "heavy" for these dainty buttons. I drew the top left one while driving which I told her was something she should NEVER do...my mom always used to say "do as I say not as I do".

She then took these sketches and redrew them and went onto KnitPicks website and picked out fibers and colors for each design. I never knew that buttons could be so inspiring! Next time we go to the city I might have to take her to my favorite button store ever - the Tender Button.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sweater on a beautiful girl!

I can't wait to see the new buttons on a new design.

Kimberly said...

Lovely, lovely sweater Estella! I am counting the days until BH - we will be there Sat through Monday. Hope to see you on our way up to the beach!

Can't wait to see the new design.... looks great!