December 3, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

I have never posted one of these before except for the One Skein Secret Pal questionnaire...but I'm into the Christmas mode and I saw this on Beth's blog and thought I'd do it too!

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - I start with wrapping paper but when things get a little more harried around Christmas I move to bags.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? Only real...I prefer balsam as I LOVE the smell.
  3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December. It's going up this Sunday.
  4. When do you take the tree down? It's always down before New Year's Day.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Nope, not even spiked!
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? No particular one stands out - sleds, books, a camera.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother in law and my sister in law.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? Our kids - they make their wishes known.
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think we have 2...my knitting sister gave us the Playmobil one which the kids love. I remember my son when he got it made the angel fly around with rocket sounds.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both - email for those we see a lot and they don't need a picture of us and the kids. Mail for those far away...usually a photo card - got 75 from Costco for only $24.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A faux leather trench coat that was 2 sizes too big.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Hands down - It's a Wonderful Life. I watch it every year and cry every time.
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually November but if I'm making something I start earlier.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely - however, I couldn't regift that trench coat. I don't regift often but if I know I'm never going to use the gift I save it for the right person.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss in the center.
  16. Lights on the tree? White mini lights and lots of them
  17. Favorite Christmas song? I have lots of favorites - I love to sing along with Handel's Messiah. I discovered The Christmas Song which Dave Matthews sings - love it.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We used to go to my in-laws on Christmas Day and it was a drag pulling the kids away from their gifts. About 6 years ago we said enough and we'd visit on the day after Christmas. It is SO nice being home all day on Christmas Day.
  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Absolutely -Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph!
  20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Our kids open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.
  21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Fighting for parking spaces...grumpy people.
  22. Favorite ornament theme or color? No themes - very eclectic collection.
  23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing really...knitting stuff is always nice. We pull names in my family and I asked for a circular needle holder.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I loved reading your latest posts! I also love to stay home all day on Christmas - we don't even get out of our jammies and watching the children with their gifts. Wishing we lived closer during the school year!

Beth said...

A friend of mine told me about The Christmas Song. I really need to listen to it because it sounds great. And the image of your son flying the angel around is so funny. I can just picture it!