December 23, 2008

No Pictures BUT I Have Been Busy

Sorry I don't have any pictures right now but I have been knitting a lot. Miss America has been home from school since last Tuesday. Sunday morning I drove her through the snow (a white knuckled drive and thank God for 4 wheel drive) to the pediatrician and as I suspected she had walking pneumonia. She's doing better now but still a lot of coughing and we have to use a nebulizer several times a day. All this translates into a lot of knitting going on.

I finished the body of my Braided Pullover and started on the sleeves. I got about 8 inches along in the sleeves and realized that I had terrible ladders - they are on DPNs doing a reverse stockinette stitch. I don't know about you but I don't get ladders on a knit stitch on DPNs but I'm sure getting it on the purl side. So, this afternoon I'm off to get some Addi Turbo 36" needles and try the magic loop method. Hopefully this will resolve my problem.

I'm also getting 36" needles to cast on for Just Enough Ruffles - I can't wait to try this scarf. However, the pullover takes priority as I'm hoping I can crank it out and wear it on New Year's Day. I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Miss America is feeling better real soon!!!!