December 26, 2008

Just What I Asked For!















My family is quite large and a few years back we realized we needed to pick names for Christmas. This year my mom had my name and I had hers.

I asked for a Della Q circular needle case and even sent her a link for one on sale at Webs. Mom and my daughter emailed and my daughter intercepted the package and wrapped it up. So under the tree I found this wonderful case - just what I asked for! I'm looking forward to having all my circulars nice and neat and organized.




Mom not only gave a knitting gift she also received some. A while back she admired this bag I felted so I wrapped it up just for her.


I also made something specifically for her. I couldn't post the finished scarf on my blog as she reads it from time to time. I found this Branching Out pattern on Knitty and made it with Ella Rae Silkience for mom. I explained to her how I think of people when I'm knitting things for them and the whole time I made this I thought of her...we both got a bit teary when I told her that (then again our family cries at Folgers commercials).
So, thank you Mom for my great knitting gift and Merry Christmas Mom with your gifts knitted with love.





1 comment:

Beth said...

It sounds like you had a nice Christmas with great gifts given and received. Don't worry about crying over the commercials. I do that too. :)