December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

When I realized my Braided Pullover wouldn't be done in time for New Year's Day (I still have 1 sleeve to go), I decided I needed some instant gratification. Presenting my very own Just Enough Ruffles (by Laura Chau - Ravelry Link). I had some Malabrigo and it used just over 1 skein. It was a quick knit with the only time consuming bit being binding off 600 stitches (took almost a whole quarter of the Giants game on Sunday).

So, what are my knitting resolutions this year? What do I want to accomplish?


  1. Write up the pattern for my daughter's cardigan.
  2. Use up the Berroco Touche I have and make a summer sweater - perhaps this.
  3. Design another sweater for my daughter.
  4. Start an advent calendar with at least 2 mittens a month.
  5. Knit items ahead of season so I can wear them when appropriate.
  6. Take a class and learn something new.















Who knows what else...I'm open to ideas. I just want to keep growing in my knitting.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woohoo! It's gorgeous. Love the Advent Calendar idea. Happy New Year!

Beth said...

Happy New Year! Your scarf is beautiful! I love the projects you've selected and you have a great list of goals.