November 23, 2009

I really think I have Knitting ADD














Currently, I have more WIP's than I usually do. Here's the start for my Farmer's Market Cardigan which I'm using Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I've finished the body of the sweater and had fun with adapting the directions so I could knit both the left and right fronts at the same time.

The beauty of this sweater is there is little seaming - they make it look like it is seamed as you do a purl stitch at the sides for the "effect" of a seam.

Next is the sleeves which I'll do both at the same time but I've put it down - sleeves are the bane of my knitting existence.





I also am working on Inca Marle Ruffle Coat which I've stalled on the collar which has tons of short rows. I also have stalled on a sweater I'm designing for Miss America - I'm to the sleeves portion and have lost my mojo on it.

I have another project in the works which is a test knit I'm not allowed to discuss. I was excited to be chosen to test knit something.

So, with all this going on what do I do? Cast on another project. I wanted something portable to have for the Thanksgiving Day trip to my mother in laws...I also needed something to knit while waiting for "Twilight New Moon" to start.















The color is totally off but I've started my first shawl/wrap/scarflet. The pattern is Textured Shawl Recipe (Ravelry link) and I'm adapting it a bit. I love the textured stitch and it is a little addicting adding on the extra stitches and watching it grow. I'm using leftover Merino Style from Knit Picks that I made the Twisted V Pullover with. This might be a gift for someone or it might just be for me.

Yup, I'd call casting on a new project right now a bit of Knitting ADD.

Oh, I forgot, to make things worse I knit up today a small toy for my mother in law's cat - it's felting as I type. ADD again.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think it's always good to have a bunch of projects going - that way when you stall on one you can pick up another. And it's very important to have at least one portable project!! :)

Beth said...

I think you're the world's fastest so you should have no trouble finishing all these things up in no time! Funny, I just made something for my dad's cat. :)