November 2, 2009

In The Home Stretch
















A weekend which included DVD's, Yankees game (go Yankees!), Giants game (we won't talk about that one) put me in the home stretch on my Ingenue. I realized however, that I made the sleeves longer than my first one and I added some short row shaping in the bust and made the torso a bit longer...all this led to the aha moment that I will be short on yarn.

Thank God for Little Knits - a quick email confirmed they had more of the same dye lot I need so I ordered one more skein to finish the second sleeve.

Now, while ordering one more skein I got into a bit of trouble...Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride was on deep discount sale ($3.99/skein). I then saw this version (Ravelry Link) of the Farmer's Market Cardigan. I realized that the sale price made this a do-able sweater for me. So, I got into a little trouble and ordered some more yarn....who can turn down such a bargain?

2 comments:

sara said...

Sorry 'bout the Giants :-(
The Ingenue looks great!

Jennifer said...

The Ingenue is looking good. Can't wait to see you wearing it soon. : )