November 25, 2009

What The Heck Is It?














What is this thing? An alien, a blob?

Here's another view.












It's Bastille's Ball (Ravelry link) from One More Skein.













My mother in law has a new kitten...poor thing was named "Kitty" in spite of all the names Miss America offered up. So I figured if you can't have a real name, you get a real toy. This one is a felted ball with funky i-cords all over it. I put catnip inside. Poor thing has an unimaginative name so she gets an imaginative toy...delivered on Thanksgiving tomorrow so she can be thankful for the toy not her name.

Apologies to anyone who has a cat named "Kitty"...to me though it is like naming your dog "Doggy" or your child "Baby". Poor thing deserves a name in my estimation. End of rant.
Also, some things just can't be photographed - today's lesson learned.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ooohhh, Kitty is going to love batting that around.

Okay, K.C. is short for Kitty Cat. BUT in my defense, I did not name her that!! She already had that name when we found her at the shelter. And she responds to it, so we didn't change it. Also, since K.C. was my initials before I was married - so it seemed like it was meant to be. But to tell the truth, I still think Kitty Cat is a stupid name. ;)

Beth said...

Kitty will love the new toy! Happy Thanksgiving!

kathy b said...

Oh yes, kitty will love the toy. Do you know some cats have a catnip gene and some don't. Don't be sad if the kitty doesn't get the catnip part. Odds are she will, but there are some who don't. She'll love playing with it no matter!