March 19, 2010

Enough To Make A Grown Woman Cry...

Remember this lovely Ingenue I made? One of my favorite sweaters...



















Imagine my repertoire of 4 letter words when I opened the washing machine and found it looking like this! Totally felted. It was my own damn fault - in the laundry room for days and swooped up with the 7th load I had to do after no power for 3 1/2 days.














My DH was home when my cries of frustration, fury, foul language echoed through the house. When I told him I had ruined one of my favorite sweaters his immediate reaction was "not the one with the ruffle!" God love him for knowing that is a special sweater. I told him no, and thank God the yarn for this one only cost $15.


Then Miss America came home and I had an idea - yes, she now has a hip trendy sweater which she will probably outgrow before next winter. I'm tempted to hope for more cold weather but I can't bring myself to do that.




Lessons learned - NEVER put sweaters in the laundry room. Have a special basket just for them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!!!!! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jennifer said...

Oh no! I hate it when that happens. I'm glad you were able to salvage it.... but I feel your pain.

Kimberly said...

OMG!!!!! Miss America's teeth look beautiful! See you soon!

Joyce said...

Only managed to catch up with my blog reading today...so sorry to hear that. Feel your pain. Happened to me more than once.