May 18, 2010

I Don't Know Why I Didn't Start This Sooner

Last May I won a contest on Lynne's blog and received all the materials to make this wonderful Cape May Bag. I just love the Amy Butler fabric.

I had every intention of making this last summer. I took the sewing machine to the Jersey Shore and it just sat there. Turns out it was a sewing project for our house down there which inspired me to pull this out and make it. I'm so glad I did! What a fun bag for the summer and the beach - thank you again Lynne!





This is the project that got me going for the bag. We just repainted our bathroom and I used our son's old sailing award flags to make a valance for the window. I used blanket tape for the rod pocket and sewed the flags to the tape. I think/hope it will look perfect in the bathroom.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cute bag and great window treatment! I need to get my machine out soon.

Jennifer said...

Love the burgee bathroom window treatment. Too cute. That bag is adorable. It will be perfect for the spring and summer (if this rain will just go away!)