September 17, 2008

Dreams















Do you ever dream about your knitting? I mean while asleep having a full blown dream about something you are currently working on.

Last night I had a long, vivid dream about my EZ Tomten Jacket that I'm working on. I just started the hood and I was dreaming about how I'm going to finish this and how do I do an I-cord edge around the edge. Of course I was working on it just before going to bed but then again I've worked on knitting before bedtime and not had such involved knitting dreams.

I kind of equate this dreaming of knitting to when I was studying French in college I would dream in French...I'm dreaming in the language of knitting. I was once told that if I dreamed in a language that I was fluent or totally immersed in it - guess I'm fluent/totally immersed in knitting!?!

This is my first Elizabeth Zimmermann project ever. I love the way she writes her patterns and how by changing things around you are stretching your knowledge and understanding of pattern creation. This is for my godson Nicholas. I put in 3 stripes as he is the 3rd child. He also is 1/4 Swedish so a Tomten Jacket is perfect for him. I think I'll make the sleeves red.

I wasn't happy with my Callie Cardigan picture and today I'm wearing it for real - it is cool here and it is the perfect light sweater. So here it is with jeans - I never blocked it and probably should have as the bottom edge isn't really laying flat. I'll wear it today then give it a bath and block it.

No comments: