September 25, 2008

One To Buy Not Just Borrow


On my previous blog, I often wrote about my local library and the wonderful books that it acquires when I ask for them. Well, I asked and the library purchased Custom Knits.
After one glance through, I thought "I have to own this book". After reading Wendy Bernard's witty style, I thought "I must own this book". Then I turned to the back section with great advice on adapting and designing patterns and I thought "next paycheck I am buying this book".
Simply put...it is WONDERFUL! Great patterns, great advice, great photography, great suggestions for personalizing patterns to your taste. I can't wait to make (all Ravelry Links) Ingenue, Slinky Ribs (with long sleeves) and Essential Tank...that's just the top of the list...there's even more in the book I find inspiring.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I bought this book after I saw the patterns on Ravelry! Not sure what will be first, but I have a long list.