September 11, 2008

My Space














Now I have my own space on the blogging world, I figured I'd show you my space in my knitting world. Actually, this is our guest room...prior to that it was a nursery hence the yellow and white striped wallpaper with a cow jumped over the moon border just out of frame...it's hopefully being repainted soon.

But I digress...sorry! Whenever I'm starting a new project I sit in this rocking chair which came from my grandparents attic (lovingly reupholstered about 12 years ago) and I do my test swatch, read the pattern through and through and cast on. I get through a few rows and then am on my way. It is peaceful here and out of the traffic of the rest of the house.










Check out the little side table...my great grandfather made it and I cherish having this piece of family history.

I usually keep the papers and info on the bed and refer back to it - notice the reading glasses??? I have them all over the house!


Here's a start on the Braided Pullover...got gauge right away so I cast on and I'm on my way!

My dream though is a room totally devoted to knitting and sewing. Major Knitter has an amazing knitting nook which I envy (check out her 12/07/07 entry for some good pics). One day...probably not until the darlings are in college!

So do you have your own special creating space???