May 6, 2009

I Need a Yoda for Knitting
















You know how Yoda told Luke to "feel the Force"? Well, I need a knitting Yoda to say "Estella, trust the pattern!".

I'm making this cute top (which I apologize for the photo but I have yet to photograph brown or black and have it look right)...it has a seed stitch band which is supposed to go beneath the girls and have buttons sewn on it.

When the pattern told me to bind off for the sleeves area, the seed stitch band was not in a flattering place to have buttons - right across the girls so I added a few more inches. Last night when I held it up to myself, the button band was halfway down my waist. Where was my knitting Yoda when I didn't trust the pattern?

I'll rip out a lot and only add one inch instead of 3 to make the button band sit right...hopefully the "Force" will be with me.

I took some time to figure out how to re-do my neckband on my Cathardigan. I put some stitch markers evenly around and will keep track of how many stitches I cast on between each one. I really want to finish this sweater this week.

2 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes I think I don't know how to measure because things tend to grow and shrink when I swore they were right where they were supposed to be.

Jennifer said...

Ooh - loves that carthigan!