May 3, 2009

TempTeen




















Here it is...Tempting redone as "TempTeen" or "TempTween". Miss America loves it and can't wait to wear it for a variety of events including a choir concert. We got several different color ribbons to thread through the top including some silver which should look lovely. She's already asked me to make another - it took only a week (I did find a mistake while threading through the ribbon but we put that in the back). I used KnitPicks Shine Worsted which is great for keeping kids clothing affordable - however, it does shed a bit while you knit.

I put my modifications on Ravelry if you have your own teen or tween who wants one. It really is an easy knit and easy to modify.

Now I can go back to work on my Cathardigan which I put down in disgust after the whole neckband mishap. Two baseball games today so I should get some good knitting done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TempTeen is lovely!

a friend to knit with said...

and this! this looks fabulous on her!!!
(i love how you can change the ribbon!)

Beth said...

I love it!!! No wonder your daughter is looking forward to wearing it - it's beautiful!