July 2, 2013

Two Sleeves At Once

Right now I'm knitting (and loving knitting) Asilomar by Amy Herzog.  It is for my daughter and she chose a lovely color called Doe Heather in Cascade 220.  I'm at the point where I knit the sleeves (this is a pieced/seamed knit).  When I knit sleeves I tend to do them both at once on a long circular needle (I gave up on straight needles years ago).  Anyway, sometimes it is easy to flip the piece over before knitting the second sleeve and then I am off by 2 rows when I get back to the second sleeve.  So, I came up with a solution:

I simply join the two sleeves with a locking stitch marker - this keeps me from separating the two and knitting them unevenly if I'm not paying attention.  I often knit without looking especially while watching TV or a movie (heck, I even read while I'm knitting).

This clever solution I figured was worth sharing!  I'm sure someone else has come up with it too.

Onward on my sleeves.

No comments: