April 14, 2010

Buttons or no Buttons...that is the question
















Miss America took this wonderful photo of the detail on Coraline - it was her idea and it was a good one. It really is a pretty smocked detail.

I haven't worn it yet and I'm having trouble getting a decent photo of me in it - below are some self timer shots in my usual self time spot. I put the camera on a large desk and run to the corner of the room.

I'm struggling whether or not to put buttons on this - you need to make your own button loops with embroidery floss (I have yet to get to Michael's to see if they have it). I don't mind that as I'm clever enough to make it work but the loops would require the top ALWAYS be buttoned.


As you can see after blocking it looks okay unbuttoned - there is a little flip on one side which I think a quick steam would settle down.

I think I'll wear it today while teaching and see if the flip bothers me and if I feel the need for buttons.

Would love any button input - buttons or no buttons?





7 comments:

Amy said...

What would you think of putting some buttons or hook & eyes in the middle of the cardigan, rather than at the top?

Joyce said...

soo pretty. Like the hook and eyes idea, but near the top.

sara said...

I would love to help, but I cannot make a decision to save my life. I wouldn't do a button because 1. I hate sewing on buttons and 2. I wouldn't be able to decide what button looks good.

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful! I think I prefer with buttons because you always have the option of closing it and sometimes you don't want your cardigan open. Although it looks find without.

bmom said...

I like the look of buttons on Coraline -- just at the yoke.

Jennifer said...

I like the buttons on this sweater. Sorry. I bet you were hoping we'd all let you off the hook on this one.

Dag said...

gorgeous! i'm giving a (rather late) vote for 2 or 3 buttons on the top.