June 4, 2009

Knitting Reading

So I've read a few of the fiction books on knitting (Kate Jacobs' Friday Knit Knitting Club and Knit Two and Debbie Macomber's The Shop on Blossom Street, A Good Yarn, Back on Blossom Street) and some are good and some are okay. I picked up Debbie Macomber's newest book, Summer on Blossom Street, and finished it in 2 days. Not that it was a page-turner/must read but I was subbing and reading while the kids were working (I was knitting while I was reading too). The story was predictable and yes, I cried at the end - howver, I cry at Folger's and Hallmark commercials too.

However, it did have a series of quotes from knitters and listed several websites which I then could explore. Now that was worth the read. I discovered the following sites:

Gardiner Yarnworks and fell in love with this pattern.

A Time to Knit

Gigi Knits

Creative Partners

Also, the book featured a Fiber Trends Cable Sampler Scarf pattern which is free on Ravelry as well. So, if you're looking for a good beach read with some knitting in it then this book is for you.

No comments: