February 11, 2010

My Own Version of Knitting Olympics



I'll admit the temptation is great to join one of the different versions of the Knitting Olympics 2010...I could dedicate myself completely to starting and finishing Coraline. I know I could do it and I know I could make it to the finish line.

I've decided to do my own version of Knitting Olympics that ties in with the wonderful Finish or Frog It group on Ravelry. I'm going to FINISH my Farmer's Market Cardigan AND my Inca Marl Coat.

Here are the pocket and collar pieces for the Farmer's Market Cardigan. All I have to do is a bit of seaming and I think I'll be done so that is an easy piece for the FOFI Olympics (Finish or Frog It Olympics).






This is how much I've done of the ruffle edge to the Inca Marl Coat - had I realized I'd be doing a whole edge with short rows and very little progress, I probably would never have started this. I've done about 6 inches.




Here's a hint of how much I have to do!















So join me on this quest...find that UFO that you've avoided (I've been avoiding this for quite a while) and commit to the finish line at the end of the Olympics!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

All those stockinette stitches for the Inca Marl Coat deserves my utmost respect.

Beth said...

I love the yarn you're using for your coat. And I love this idea!