February 8, 2009

Almost Halfway Done and It's Only February















Here they all are - 11 of my Advent Calendar mittens. I think I've made most of these while substitute teaching...the kids usually are reading and working and all I have to do is keep the peace so I can knit while doing that with no problem. Guess I've been subbing a lot lately to get so many done.


I cast on for Wendy Bernard's Slinky Ribs - this is the back along the shoulder. It looks small but it really stretches a lot - very sproingy. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool which is the yarn it calls for.

The purple yarn for the provisional cast-on reminds me of a sweater I knit 25 years ago. It was grey with a purple snowflake motif -sounds odd but it looked great.

Oh, the blue blanket I knit for my sister must have played on a hunch I had - this morning she delivered an 8lb 7oz boy! The blanket is with her in the hospital so he can be warm and snuggy on his ride home in a few days.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Lot's of love for that new baby boy!!!

Beth said...

Congratulations to your family on the new baby!