February 23, 2009

Miscellany















I have a few things to show you - miscellaneous stuff.

My daughter and I went through the bags of yarn remnants and balled them up - here's how it looks in a very special bowl my godmother gave me. Now I can grab them as I need them for little projects like my tiny sweaters I make as Christmas ornaments. Such a nice addition to my knitting space.

I had a chance to work on my Slinky Ribs. The body is done and now on to the sleeves. Wendy Bernard is just so brilliant in her design - the sleeves are worked from the top down and consist of a series of short rows to make a cap and highlight the ribbing.


















Also, I haven't forgotten my Lutea Lace Shell - here it sits waiting for me to pick it up again.

I mailed off the little green sweater to my nephew...I'm hoping to post pictures of him wearing it as soon as it fits him.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I really want to make slinky ribs! I love how yours looks.

Anonymous said...

I love that bowl of yarn. Your Slinky Ribs is looking great!

Beth said...

The bowl looks really nice! And your Slinky Ribs looks great, too.

a friend to knit with said...

love that you put yarn in the bowl from your godmother! how special.
and i can't wait to see your slinky ribs!