February 17, 2009

What do you do with just a little bit of yarn?
















So when I told you I had the littlest bit of blue yarn left after knitting the hat, I realized it was enough yarn that I just can't throw it out? Do you have that problem too? See this little ball...it is the beginning of a collection soon to be put in a lovely bowl. If you're wondering about the photo...that is me when I was 5 or 6 hiding Easter eggs at my grandparents.

I got my inspiration from Jennifer - today I had a lovely time sitting, knitting, talking and enjoying a yummy soup at her house. She has this wonderful giant brandy snifter full of little sock yarn balls. I will find uses for these sometime and I just can bear to throw out good yarn.

Here's the "awwwww" part of my post - my new nephew sporting the blanket his auntie knit for him. Awwwww...isn't he cute!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, he certainly is a cutie!

I love the idea of a bowl of yarn balls; if I didn't have 8 cats, I'd probably copy you :-)

Beth said...

Adorable!!! And that blanket looks so nice and cozy for him.

The yarn ball idea is great! On my mantle, I have three glass vases - one with my husband's childhood marble collection, one with origami stars my daughter made, and one that was empty for a long time until I put a candle in it. I wanted to put something of mine in there, but the only thing I could come up with was my thimble collection. I like the yarn ball idea much better! Thanks for mentioning it on your blog!

Jennifer said...

Ooh - your nephew is adorable! I love getting actual pictures of the babies using the gifts that are handknit for them. That's the best gift of all.