February 12, 2009

What a Wonderful Wednesday I Had!
















Yesterday, Jennifer (aka Major Knitter) and her blog friend, Michele (geminime on Ravelry), picked me up and we went on a jaunt to Katonah Yarn Company. Neither had been there before so it was a wonderful yarn crawl through the store. Unfortunately for us it was quite busy so we couldn't sit and knit there.

After we went for an early lunch at the Blue Dolphin and had a table of ladies (who turned out to be knitting buddies) take a picture of us. It's a scary picture of me - something is going on with my hair and I don't know what.

Before I leaving for school yesterday morning, Miss America saw this Olivia Hat pattern on Tiennie's blog and requested one of her own. So I picked up a skein of Cascade 220 and she picked these leftover skeins to use for the pattern (I hope I have enough!).














I checked out the bargain bin in the back of the store and found Filatura di Crosa Porto Cervo on sale half off - $3.50 a skein was the final price. So I picked up 6 skeins to make a little something for my new nephew.





























Isn't it strange how colors photograph...the true color is closer to this photo and not the one above. Maybe I can finish something for him by St. Patrick's day - he is 1/2 Irish!

All in all, a great day - I'm hoping if things work out to sit and knit with Jennifer and Michele next week. I'm always amazed how the internet works to connect us and puts people in our lives. I was trying to remember how long ago I met Jennifer online...I think it was in October 2006 and she had a contest for donating yarn and in November 2006 that I posted that I had won some great knitting needles from it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a new blogger and I wrote out a long comment to you and then it disappeared and I was left staring at a blank box again. So I do not know if you will get a string of comments from me!

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your blog. I was just going through some blogs at random and I came across yours. The name was very interesting and I stopped by to see what it was.
What a lovely name you have for it.
I do not knit, but I associate knitting with one of the most wonderful women I knew - my mother. She knitted for me and my sisters and then for my daughters. She would make up her own designs and knitting patterns. We all value everything that she knitted for us and hold on to it.
When I saw the blanket you had knitted for your son, I remembered the one she knitted for my daughter. It is a lovely shade of blue. I cannot describe it and it has a green crochet edging. I used it for both my daughters and now I have stashed it away to give it to my grandchild. I hope I will have one some day.

I just love the internet. I am here in India and sitting at my computer I have been able to enjoy your blog.

Knitting buddies sound fun. Enjoy yourself and wonderful knitting times ahead.

Jennifer said...

It was wonderful indeed. The recipe you gave me for soup was divine. I think I might make it again next week. Yummy. Funny how the yarn looks blue in one picture and green in another. Happy knitting!

Beth said...

What a fun day! Knitting buddies are great, aren't they?