February 14, 2009

What WAS I Thinking???

This past Tuesday I was on Tiennie's blog posting a comment about her wonderful Olivia Hat when Miss America saw it and said "could you make that for me?" Now, who can refuse a request from their child who loves handknit items and helps design them as well.

We struck a deal that I'd get the white yarn and she'd have to come up with colors for the pattern from my stash.

What I forgot is I don't like making hats as I stress about fit (remember the one I made for my sister and went crazy over it?).


Oh, and it looks so pretty from the outside but I forgot that this is what the inside looks like! I forgot about the bobbins and the yarn needing to be unraveled and the mess! I admire people who do colorwork but I can understand why my mom didn't knit much after making argyle socks.




I keep saying to myself "what WAS I thinking when I agreed to this!?"

5 comments:

Lolly said...

This is going to be beautiful! I love the colors!

Beth said...

It's looking great and is beautiful!

Unknown said...

It looks great. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! I actually thought you throw a bunch of tulip inside the unfinished hat before reading your post!

Anonymous said...

Hiya! Thanks for working on my hat.

Can I ask why you have so many bobbins going? When I learned stranded knitting (fair-isle knitting), I only have the balls of color going that I need. So with this hat, there was only 4 balls that I had to keep track of. I would be stressed too if I had that many bobbins going. :) Anyways, I hope she likes the hat! You have to love a kid that appreciates handknits!