February 16, 2009

An FO and a Story

Okay, this is what I was thinking when I agreed to make a hat. She hasn't taken it off since it came off the needles even though my DH says "no hats in the house. I keep saying ladies are allowed to wear hats inside. Anyway, my colorwork isn't the prettiest but she loves it and that's what counts. I ended up with just enough blue to finish the project - phew!

Now for the funny knitting story. On Saturday we went to my MIL's for a party she was throwing. It is about an hour drive and it was light out on the way down so I brought my Slinky Ribs to work on. I knit the whole way down.

We left her house around 8:30pm - dark outside and when we got on the highway I thought to myself "too bad you can't knit". Then I realized it is just stockinette stitch and it is on circular needles so I pulled out my knitting. The quiet click clack of my addis drifted through the car and in the dark my husband said "Are you knitting???" - somewhat incredulous in tone. My response was "Yes, you know blind people knit." Knitting in the dark wasn't a first for me (I knit in the movie theater one time years ago) and I was glad to keep working on my sweater.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

No Hats in the house? Is your husband military? But, I love to wear my blue felted hat in the house when I'm chilled or having a bad hair day, or choosing to show off my latest hat.

I love the car story. I knit in the dark, too. Movies, car rides, etc. Knit. Knit. Knit.

Lisa said...

How great she won't take it off!

Beth said...

Your daughter's hat looks wonderful! And that's great you were able to knit in the dark. Thank goodness for stockinette! :)